We are extending the Deadline to Friday, May 9, 2014 to sign up for the Alan Kan Tai Chi Retreat.
This is the 26th year of our Tai Chi Retreat. Unfortunately, registration is low this year. To assure this retreat will continue for years to come, we need people to sign up and attend the retreat. The Alan Kan Tai Chi Retreat has always been a very rewarding experience for all who have attended in the past. If this is your first time at the retreat, I’m sure you’ll have a great experience! Please Sign-up!
2014 ALAN KAN TAI CHI RETREAT INFORMATION
Thursday evening – Sunday noon, June 5-8, 2014.
La Casa de Maria, Montecito (South of Santa Barbara)
GREETINGS! Enclosed is information on the 2014 Alan Kan Tai Chi Retreat, Thursday evening through Sunday noon, June 5–8, 2014. The cost covers room and board (except Thursday dinner & Friday lunch), Saturday morning lesson with Master Zhao Yun, Retreat T-shirt and gratuities. We will be staying at the San Ysidro House at La Casa de Maria in Montecito, Ca. Car-pooling is encouraged. Please make your own travel arrangements.
Please email your registration to Theresa Shibuya at: email@example.com
Please include your name, address, telephone number and email address, and indicate the the number of nights you will stay.
- Three Nights: Lodging for Thursday night through Sunday noon, and meals from Friday breakfast through Sunday lunch. (Thursday dinner & Friday lunch are not included.) The cost is $355.
- Two Nights: Lodging for Friday night through Sunday noon, and meals from Friday Barbeque through Sunday lunch. The cost is $305.
- One Night: Lodging for Saturday night through Sunday noon, and meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch. The cost is $252.
- Day Visitors: Saturday usage of La Casa’s grounds and facilities, and meals breakfast, lunch and dinner. The cost is $140.
Please mail your check, payable to Angela Seymour and include your name, address, telephone number and email address by May 9, 2014 to:
6690 Vista del Mar, Unit A
Playa del Rey, CA 90293
Please read below for the Registration Policies:
If you wish to register after the deadline (May 9, 2014), a LATE FEE of $50.00 will be applied for overnight stays. A LATE FEE of $30.00 will be applied for late registration of Day Visitors. Late registration cannot be accepted after May 19, 2014.
If you need to cancel on or before May 19, 2014, a full refund minus the cost of the Retreat T-shirt (approx. $25) will be given.
If you need to cancel after May 19, 2014 and/or up to June 5, 2014, a full refund minus the cost of the Retreat T-shirt and meals will be given.
Once the retreat has started (June 5, 2014), a refund will not be available.
In order to maintain a tranquil retreat environment, La Casa de Maria does not allow children at retreat functions.
La Casa de Maria asks that parents of children arrange for child care at home while they are on retreat at La Casa.
Thursday Evening: meet at San Ysidro House at LCDM, 5:30 p.m. and together we will go out for dinner nearby.
Friday Evening: BBQ dinner in front of the house 6 p.m. until it gets dark. If you plan to arrive Friday, please arrive as early as possible. Orientation meeting by La Casa (in lieu of registration) follows BBQ.
Expect dormitory bunk bed facility. All bedding supplies and towels will be provided. Ladies’ dorm and bath are upstairs; the men’s are downstairs. First come first served. We generally do not go into town during the retreat.
Bring:- Small flashlight
– Flip flop/robe for dorm-style bath
– Earplugs (?), standard dorm equipment
– Munchies/fruits/drinks to share for the weekend. (We’ll have a refrigerator.)
– Comfortable shoes for walking/hiking and doing Tai Chi outdoors on basketball courts.
– Jacket for cool evenings outdoors to look at a sky full of stars
- Camera and musical instrument if you are so inclined.
- Although bedding is provided, if you prefer you can bring your own sleeping bag.
Also available: Massage (separate cost), unheated swimming pool, tennis court, healthy and delicious meals, hiking trails, meditation room, chapel, fresh air, laughter and the magic of the La Casa grounds.
Programs are usually group activities drawn on our own talents. They tend to be spiritual, philosophical, psychological, creative or just plain silly and fun (ideas and requests welcome.)
Typical schedule from past experience:
Thursday: Dinner out, informal program.
Friday- Tai Chi before meals. BBQ dinner, evening program.
Saturday-Tai Chi before meals. Tai Chi instruction; outdoor activities; evening program.
Sunday – Tai Chi before meals; Tai Chi instruction; outdoor activities before lunch.
Program ends after Sunday lunch.
We look forward to another weekend of great fun and fellowship. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to email anyone of us; Theresa Shibuya at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Hiraide at email@example.com, or Angela Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on La Casa de Maria go to:
See you at the retreat!
Theresa, Mark & Seymour